YourCrew Terms & Conditions – Our Experiences
It is a brave and powerful experience to share your personal experiences and provide advice to others. We hope you enjoy the Our Experiences page, and you and the YourCrew community find it meaningful, inspiring and impactful. But first, we have some rules.
Who likes rules? Not us. But contributing to ‘Our Experiences’ means we need to be rock-solid when it comes to trust. The YourCrew app is considered a 100% safe place, and that’s why we ask all members to treat everyone else in the YourCrew community with respect, kindness and compassion.
The ‘intended purpose’ of the ‘Our Experiences’ page is to share your experiences and read others experiences. It is important to note that before content is displayed, it will need to go through our monitoring process to ensure your content fits within our rules below. This process does not happen 24/7, and it is not in real-time. So, if you need urgent help right now, this is not the place to ask for it. YourCrew is not a crisis or a counselling service. Please contact Kids Helpline, Lifeline or 000.
By submitting content for the ‘Our Experience’ page or by commenting on posts by others, we need you to be aware of and agree to the following things:
- You have read and agree to the YourCrew App terms and conditions Here
- You will use the ‘Our Experiences’ page for its intended purpose and not in any inappropriate, offensive, indecent or defamatory way;
- HRF reserves the right not to publish any material we feel is inappropriate, offensive, indecent, or defamatory. The administrators and moderators also have the right to edit, delete, move or close any thread or post as they see necessary, without prior warning.
- HRF reserves the right to edit material and still publish on the ‘Our Experiences’ page if we consider some content inappropriate, offensive, indecent, or defamatory, but does not make up the general theme of the post, and we believe the overall content was not written with malicious intent.
- You acknowledge that ‘Our Experiences’ is a place for sharing your experience and commenting on other people’s experiences. It is not a place to ask for urgent or immediate help, and that HRF is not in any way responsible for any event that may constitute a medical emergency or requires professional medical attention
- You can choose to identify yourself in your post or post anonymously. Please try not to identify others without their permission. HRF reserves the right to either not publish your content/images, or will edit out material that we believe could be defamatory to you, your school, or someone else.
- You will not try to identify people who have contributed to ‘Our Experiences’ as “Anonymous”
- You will not take a screenshot of anyone else’s articles and comments in ‘Our Experiences’ and share on any public forum. If you wish to share with someone outside of the YourCrew community, please ask the person to sign up with the YourCrew app and they can visit ‘Our Experiences’ for themselves
- You will not spam, advertise or self-promote in the ‘Our Experiences’
We define spam as unsolicited advertisement for goods, services and/or other websites, or posts with little, or completely unrelated content. Material that links to your site or product, or trys to self-promote your website, business or forums etc. will not be published.
- Activity and data on the app will be tracked and collected by HRF, and at all times, HRF and you will comply with our privacy policies;
- From time to time, HRF may restrict access to the app in order to perform necessary maintenance, upgrades or updates, but HRF is not responsible for any interruption or problem caused by that maintenance;
- You are responsible for your own device and internet connection, and HRF is not responsible for any interruption or problem with the app in that regard;
- You are responsible for the security and confidentiality of your account on the app, and you must ensure that there is no unauthorised access to it;
When uploading to the app images, videos or other material subject to copyright laws, you are responsible for obtaining copyright permissions where applicable. For more about copyright in Australia see here; for USA copyright see here.
- HRF uses its best endeavours to ensure that its third-party links are helpful and appropriate, but you acknowledge that HRF is not responsible for the information from those links, nor does it warrant the information’s accuracy;
- Your use of the app is at your own risk, and HRF is not liable for, and you release HRF from any claim, interference, loss or damage arising out of or in connection with:
- your posted material on ‘Our Experiences’
- your use of the app;
- your choice of Crew and the actions of your Crew;
- your reliance on any third-party material on the app;
- the unauthorised use of your account, the suspension, termination or interruption of the app for any reason.
- If you break a rule, then you will either be warned or banned from submitting content to ‘Our Experiences’. HRF reserves the right to ban your full user account, which may either be temporary or permanent.
- Your account may be terminated or suspended if HRF, in its sole discretion, thinks that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions;
These terms and conditions may be varied from time to time. You can see the current version in the ‘About’ section on the YourCrew app or our website www.yourcrew.org.au.